Most marketers in the industry have no idea how to create the perfect video marketing campaign. They also do not know that video marketing has emerged as one of the most popular forms of marketing. Your video marketing campaign should aim towards getting maximum engagement. How do you fulfill all your video marketing goals? By following these basic steps.
1. Understand your target audience
Before you begin curating your video marketing campaign, you should have a clear idea of who your target audience is. What type of content does your target audience engage and resonate with the most? Once you raise these questions and research to learn more about your target audience, you are bound to get appropriate answers that will help you build a successful video marketing campaign.
Should you also think about your video marketing goals? What are you most focused on with your video marketing campaign? Are you trying to up the sales, increase traffic, or awareness? To connect with your audience, you need to understand them and match the right tone to send your message across successfully.
2. Prioritize SEO
SEO is not only meant for blogs and websites but also works to drive engagement with video. To come up effective SEO strategy for your video marketing campaign, follow the below-mentioned steps;
- Keep your title informative and short – Titles are essential and the most effective way to catch people’s attention. Make sure that you do not add unnecessary information to your title, keep it short and relevant. Keep it within 60 characters to get noticed on platforms like YouTube. Using keywords in your title is also a very SEO idea.
- Use relevant tags – While coming up with tags for your videos, think about what your audience is looking for. Think about the keywords your audience will search in the search engine, and make sure that you include the same keywords in your tags.
- Use keywords in your description – Add relevant keywords in your video description to get noticed by search engines and also include a link to your website in the description. Make sure that your description is short and under 70 characters to give the viewers an idea of what your video is about.
- Focus on the video thumbnail – Thumbnails are the first thing your viewers will notice. You need to make sure that your thumbnails are eye-catching enough to get your viewers to click on the video: curate colorful, high-quality, and branded thumbnails.
3. Target each channel with your videos
You need to be clear with the platforms you will be using to post your videos on. Optimize your videos so that they fit the video requirements of your chosen channels to drive as much engagement as possible. If you are posting your video on Facebook, you will need to keep your video short and add relevant captions to brief the video. You will have to wait two weeks if you are uploading on YouTube. For Twitter, you will have to find the right balance between the interest in keywords.
4. Aim to get the maximum reach and impact
Now that you have curated your video campaign, you might be thinking about getting the maximum impact from your videos. If you want to execute this, here are a few effective steps that might help;
- Communicate with your audience – Communicate with your viewers and try to get their opinion on your videos. Open the comment section to start a discussion. Be consistent with your responses to the comments so that your viewers know that their opinions and feedback are heard.
- Paid promotions – Paid promotions go a long way. With paid promotions, your videos will only be shown to your target audience, who will be interested in what you have to say. Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube are effective advertisement tools when it comes to paid promotions. Moreover, you don’t need a huge budget to advertise your videos. All you need to do is curate a compelling introduction, know your viewers and customize your parameters, and you are good to go.
- Include your video marketing campaign in your overall marketing campaign:
Video marketing is curating videos with similar content to what you would post on a blog or article but in a much engaging and visual format.
5. Analyze your campaign performance
Now that you have uploaded your video on all the relevant platforms, you need to watch how your target audience responds to your videos and analyze your video marketing campaign performance. Below are five ways you can analyze your campaign performance;
- View count – Keep checking the view count. A view count is the number of times your video has been watched. Research and understand how each platform calculates views and learn how each forum has insight tools that help measure the engagement rate of your videos.
- Sharing – Social sharing gives you insight into how many people have shared your video on social media platforms. People will only share your content when it resonates with them.
- Feedback and comments – Comments and feedback are essential to pay attention to and increase your video’s noticeability. Consider all comments, whether positive or negative. The commenters are trying to understand your brand and can be converted into buyers with the right approach.
- Play count – Play count refers to the number of times someone has clicked on your video and played it. The play count gives you an insight into how your target audience is engaging with your video on specific platforms. You can learn a lot about your audience by understanding the play count.
To conclude, it takes a lot of time and effort to curate the perfect video marketing strategy that brings results. With a little bit of creativity, you can master this and create a successful video marketing campaign that drives sales and brings engagement. So what are you waiting for? Start filming and increase your engagement levels.